MARCH IS WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH
March is a day away (less than, actually), which marks the beginning of Women's History Month. There were so many phenomenal women in history, and so many today doing things, shaking things up, getting s*it done.
Since this month celebrates all that is woman, we decided to post about Cleopatra--the OG hottie and seductress. Apparently, she was quite intelligent, too, which is more important. However, since we are in the beauty and skincare biz, we wanted to share some things we found out about Cleopatra and her beauty rituals:
1. She liked to bathe in milk and honey. Milk has lactic acid, which is a natural skin softener and brightener. If you want to try a chemical peel, start with a lactic. They are pretty gentle for first-timers, and you will notice your skin looks and feels softer, smoother, and more even toned. If you're skin is feeling a little dry or dehydrated, or if you have sensitive skin, try our 317 Milk Cleanser.
2. She was a fan of salt scrubs. Salt works wonders to remove dead, dry skin cells. Salt is also high in minerals, and when it is combined with essential oils, you can treat yourself to a spa-like experience right in your home. We carry Himalayan, Hawaiian Black Lava, and Epsom bath soaks, as well as a therapeutic facial steam. Try them all HERE.
3. Rosewater was a staple in her beauty routine. This is probably one of our favorite skincare ingredients. Not only is it versatile, it can also help heal a variety of skin conditions, and it smells great. Pure Rosewater is light, floral, and instantly makes our moods improve. It works as an anti-inflammatory ingredient, and has antioxidants that help fight signs of aging in mature skin. It is also nourishing and hydrating. Try the 317 Rosewater Toner.
4. She used aloe to hydrate her skin. Aloe is great for so many different reasons. It's soothing, hydrating, and perfect for oily skin. Yes, oily skin needs hydration, too. It also helps heal inflammation. The 648 Hydrator contains Organic Aloe, Lavender Essential Oil, and Tea Tree Essential Oil to help stop bacteria and heal breakouts.
5. She was a fan of essential oils as her go-to fragrances. Pure, therapeutic essential oils can't be beat when it comes to taking care of your skin. Try Sweet Dreams Face and Eye Oil, which contains Frankincense and Lavender.
This information was all on the internet, so you know it's 100% true. Seriously, though, ancient beauty routines have some merit. There is nothing wrong with sticking with tried and true, natural ingredients to care for your skin. If one of the most famous Egyptian women used these products, who are we to argue?
For more information about our products or small business, please email us at email@example.com.